Getting Started at Stargate
Kindergarten students need to be physically signed out of school at the end of the day from the kindergarten playground. Please park in the PARKING LOT and come to the Kindergarten playground to sign your student out. DO NOT PARK IN THE LOOP.
Kindergarten students are kept in the kindergarten playground for recess and after school, this area is restricted to Kindergarten only.
Based on skill sets, students may have different teachers for literacy and math.
At the end of the year, students will participate in a kindergarten graduation ceremony, hosted by kindergarten teachers and parents.
All kindergarten classes are nut free. Please be vigilant when packing snacks for your child as well as during homeroom parties.
Each year, students will need to provide school supplies. Please check our supplies page for a list of the items required.
If this is your first year at Stargate, you may not be sure where to go for information. Fortunately, this website is a great place to start. Some of the most helpful links are pasted below.
News and Announcements - read school newsletters, announcements from teachers and more
School Calendar - all the major dates for the entire school year or click into events happening today
Get Involved - learn more about a few of the ways you can become part of your new Stargate community
Parent Resources - access tools to help you check grades, order lunch, pay for before/after school care and more
Team Lead and other Communications Pathways contacts can be found in this directory.
- Language Arts – our curriculum is designed to have students reading at grade level or above before they leave kindergarten. We accomplish this by scaffolding to students’ abilities. Students who are working on sounds and letters are placed in an emergent group. Students sounding out words are placed in a developing readers group. Independent readers work in a group focusing on comprehension and fluency.
- Writing – we strive to build a community of writers and encourage the children to think like authors. Kindergarten writing starts out as pictures, turns into short sentences and molds into connected simple or complex sentences based on readability.
- Math – we use the Go Math curriculum. Designed to equip students with a strong foundation in mathematics, topics are covered in depth and taught to mastery.
- Science – units range from earth science topics like sunshine/shadows and recycling to physical science topics that include wood/paper and simple machines to a life science section on animals.
- Social Studies – we study the civics of classroom rules and citizenship, as well as historical themes and economics.
- Music – students explore beats and rhythm, sounds, instruments and the role music plays in our lives.
- Art – our emphasis is on exploring art production and includes drawing, cutting, painting, and sculpting.
- Physical Education – introduces tools and techniques to establish lifelong healthy and fit students.
- Spanish – introductory Spanish language skills.
- Technology – teaches students to use appropriate terminology for parts of a computer, to select and start programs as directed by teacher, to follow rules for Internet safety, to collect and use information to support projects.
- Adroit – Adroit is a combination of makerspace, design challenges and design thinking.