Questions about the form? The submission process? The status of a nomination you already submitted? Email email@example.com.
Send in your photos! Submit a nomination.
- Submit student accomplishments and any related links to news articles, blogs, etc. by clicking the nomination form graphic/link on this page.
- Email related photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need assistance, please email email@example.com.
- Remember, we can not guarantee that all "Eagles on the Move" submissions will be published.
Eagles on the Move - 2019-2020
- US Olympic Climbing Team, Tokyo Games - Congratulations to Colin Duffy. The Stargate HS student placed 1st in the Pan American Championships on March 1 and qualified to compete as a member of the U.S. Olympic Climbing Team at the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. Climbing will make its Olympic debut in Tokyo, and the Olympic tournament will include competition in all three disciplines of competitive climbing: bouldering, lead and speed. Colin is a two-time youth world champion in lead, and a two-time youth national champion. We are so proud of Colin! Way to go! Read more about Colin's journey to the Olympics. And check out this 9News video profile showcasing Colin, the Stargate community's celebration of his accomplishments and his training during the coronavirus quarantine.
- Basketball All Conference, 2nd Team – senior Nathan Guerrero Jr. has been selected to the CHSSA Boys Basketball 3A Metro League All Conference 2nd Team. Nathan is a 4-time team captain who has attended Stargate since kindergarten. He will graduate holding many of the school’s “all-time” basketball records. Congratulations to Nathan and all his hard work at Stargate!
- Brain Bowl State Runners Up - two Stargate teams claimed 2nd place victories in the 2020 Optimist Brain Bowl state tournament held March 7. Championships are awarded at each grade level, with prizes for 6th grade, 7th grade and 8th grade. In the 6th grade competition, Stargate finished 2nd in state and in the 7th grade competition, Stargate also finished 2nd in state. Congratulations to all our Stargate Brain Bowl teams on a great season!
- National Merit Scholarship Finalists - Congratulations to Stargate's National Merit Scholarship Finalists: Joseph Claver, Jacob Tow and Aditya Shankarling. Of the 1.6 million students who take the national exam each year, approximately 15,000 qualify as finalists. Finalists will compete for one of 2,500 National Merit Scholarships. Those scholarships will be announced in four nationwide news releases beginning in April and concluding in July.
- National History Day, Regional Champ - Congratulations to Lynne Nguyen who won first place in the paper category of our regional National History Day contest Feb. 22. Lynne will be advancing to the State contest in May! National History Day in Colorado is a social studies program with more than 23,000 participants statewide.
- MATHCOUNTS, 10 Mathletes Headed to State - North Metro Chapter contest Feb. 22 - all 10 members of Stargate's team qualified for the State competition, the most of any school in our chapter! The team of Tamsin Horne, Cynthia Liu, Ryan Marx, and Valerie Xin took 1st place in the team competition. Six Stargate students placed in the top ten in the individual competition: Valerie placed 1st, Tamsin placed 2nd, Cynthia placed 3rd, Pranav Konijeti placed 5th, Nick Hofer placed 8th, and Kyle Widrig placed 9th.Also qualifying for State were Rohit Das, Hector Mu, and Vincent Stone. A total of 120 students from 18 schools participated. The State competition will be held March 14.
- Model UN, Outstanding Delegation - Jacob Tow and Simon Panafillio came away with Outstanding delegation in competition on Feb. 22 at Fossil Ridge HS. Yejin Won earned an honorable mention as Outstanding delegation in a great day for the Model UN club.
- HOSA Future Medical Professionals - On Feb 27-29, Stargate's HOSA Future Medical Professionals sent 27 students to the State Conference in Denver. Over a thousand students from across the state of Colorado competed in a wide variety of health science events. Stargate students did an amazing job, with almost all 27 receiving a pin and being recognized on stage for placing in the top 10 in their events. Samridhi Shrestha was elected State Officer with the title "Vice President of Membership." Sami will be attending events across the state and nation representing Colorado HOSA. The following students placed in the top 3 in their events, which means they will be advancing to the HOSA International Leadership Conference in Houston this June. Yolanda Ofori - 1st place in Nutrition; Megha Kumar - 1st place in Epidemiology; Diya Patel, Deeksha Gaddam, Sahithi Govardhanam - 1st place in Community Awareness; Hannah Nguyen - 2nd place in Medical Terminology; Nicholas Nguyen - 2nd place in Pharmacology; Upasana Shrestha - 2nd place in Job Seeking Skills; Kopal Chaurasia, Hirali Trivedi, Gayathri Ruthirakotti, and Megha Kumar - 3rd place in Medical Innovation. These seven students also received the Barbara James Service Award for volunteering over 100 hours at local hospitals and health facilities: Kopal Chaurasia, Fawad Ahmadzai, Megha Kumar, Diya Patel, Vaishu Golla, Samridhi Shrestha, and Hirali Trivedi.
- Soccer Champs - Congratulations to Rithvik Krishnan and Mateo Langer who traveled to Phoenix, Arizona to participate in the Max Shacknai Invitational Soccer Tournament, held Feb. 21-23. Their North Rush 2006 Boys Soccer Team took first place in their division!
- Knowledge Bowl Regional Champs - Stargate's Knowledge Bowl team finished first place overall in the Denver Regional Tournament on Feb. 8. Congratulations to team members Joe Claver, Jacob Tow, Aditya Shankarling, Alex Hill, Laura Chen, and Victor Kolesov. Next up is the state tournament March 16-17 at CSU where the team will attempt to win its third straight 3A state championship!
- MATHCOUNTS - Adams 12 district finals - Stargate's team of Tamsin Horne, Pranav Konijeti, Cynthia Liu and Valerie Xin won 2nd place in the team competition at the Adams 12 MATHCOUNTS District Finals on Feb. 8. In the Countdown Round competition Stargate took five of the top ten positions. Cynthia took 4th place, Tamsin placed 5th, Pranav placed 6th place, Valerie placed 7th, and Nick Hofer placed 8th. In addition, after the competition, an error was caught in the determination of the top 10 mathletes from the individual written tests. Ryan Marx actually placed 2nd, which would have guaranteed him a place in the top three in the Countdown Round. About 130 students from 13 schools competed at this event. Stargate fielded a team of 16 Middle School students including 6th graders Agnes Mu, and Max Wu; 7th graders Rohit Das, Prisha Goyal, Hector Mu, Vincent Stone and Eli Walsh; and 8th graders Rithvik Krishnan, Aaryan Nema, and Kyle Widrig. The MATHCOUNTS team’s next competition will be the North Metro Chapter competition on Feb. 22, at which our top ten team members will compete. The top finishers at that competition will qualify for the State Finals to be held on March 14.
- Mock Trial - Stargate's HS Mock Trial teams won several awards for top ten attorneys Feb. 6-7 at the Adams County Courthouse. Congratulations to team members Austin Fay, Yejin Won, Akshat Jain, Katya Hoopes, Anushka Udeshi, Arabella Hill, Amelia Walsh, Kopal Chaurasia, Sumi Vora, Kayla Futakami, Alex Goin, Nicole Gutierrez, Oscar Proffitt and Annie McDonnell. Thank you to our attorney coaches Teresa Walsh and Carrie Vonachen, as well as other parent volunteers.
- Youth Leadership Award - Congratulations to Dylan Flos. Dylan won a Youth Leadership award at Barr Lake State Park for Volunteering over 140 hours.
- Art Contest Winner - Share some Stargate pride and celebrate our own 7th Grader Eon Hafey. Eon took the FIRST PLACE prize (Middle School) for the Anti-Discrimination League's annual Art Contest. This is a fantastic achievement considering the piece was chosen among submissions from three states in the ADL's Mountain Region. Congratulations Eon!
- State Swim Meet - Congratulations to Stargate swimmers who competed in the State Meet on Feb. 13-14. (Since Stargate does not have a HS Swim team , they swim for their boundary high school team). Way to go Mallory O’Keefe (Brighton), Brooke Stevenson (Horizon), Ishita Mehta (Horizon), Anna Sharples (Horizon) and Emma Kulbida (Legacy). Emma Kulbida broke the Adams 12 district record in 100 breaststroke. Way to go Emma!
- District Spelling Bee Champions - Congratulations to the Stargate students in the Adams 12 District Spelling Bee. Erin Stander (8th grade) took first place and Aavas Jha (7th grade) took second place. In addition, Stargate students Anshul Goyal (5th grade) and Sophie Setiyadi (7th grade) finished among the district's top 14 spellers and will compete at the 80th Annual Denver Post Colorado State Spelling Bee on March 7. Good luck to all our Strage spellers in the state competition!
- MATHCOUNTS - district prelims champions - Stargate's team of Tamsin Horne, Pranav Konijeti, Cynthia Liu, and Valerie Xin won 1st place in the team competition at the Adams 12 MATHCOUNTS District Prelims on Jan 25. In the individual competition those same four students swept the top four positions. Tamsin took 1st place, Pranav placed 2nd, Valerie placed 3rd, and Cynthia placed 4th. About 70 students from seven schools competed at this event. Stargate fielded a team of twenty Middle School students including 6th graders Vihaan Jain, Nandana Kannaiya, Agnes Mu, and Max Wu; 7th graders Rohit Das, Hector Mu, Vincent Stone, and Eli Walsh; and 8th graders Chris Chen, Eddie Chiu, Aaron Duong, Valerie Kim, Rithvik Krishnan, Ryan Marx, Aaryan Nema, and Kyle Widrig. District Finals will be held on Feb 8. The top ten finishers on Feb. 8 will go on to the North Metro District Finals competition to be held on Feb. 22.
- Brain Bowl Regional Champions - Nine teams of middle school students competed in the 2020 Optimist Brain Bowl Northern Regional tournament on Jan. 25. More than half of the teams qualified for the afternoon playoff sessions and three of those teams qualified to attend the State championship tournament in March. Special congratulations to Ava Lee, Lia Morley, John Darrah, Carter Jensen, and Owen Oyer who repeated last year's accomplishment by winning first place again this year.
- Knowledge Bowl League Champions - Stargate's team wrapped up their Denver League competition season. Special congratulations to Jacob Tow, Joe Claver, and Laura Chen for their dominating first place finish! Next up is the Regional tournament next month and hopefully another State Championship in March.
- HS Boys Basketball - our team and two of our players were featured in the Denver Post Prep Sports Column last week: George Mendoza with his 3rd double-double of the year, and Nathan Guerrero Jr. with his season high 26 points in the win vs. SkyView Academy. Go Eagles!
- Stargate Spelling Bee - school champions - Middle School: 1st place Erin Stander (8th grade), 2nd place Aavas Jha (7th grade), 3rd place Sophie Setiyadi (7th grade). Elementary: 1st place Graciela Trujillo (4th grade), 2nd place Anshul Goyal (5th grade). These five students will represent Stargate at the District Bee on Wednesday, January 29th at Century Middle School. This year, 31 students competed in the elementary bee and 26 students competed in the secondary bee. Congratulations to all of our wonderful spellers and a special recognition to Erin Stander who will be competing in her last spelling bees. She has reached the state competition every year since fourth grade!
- National Geographic GeoBee - school champions - Middle School: 1st place Srihith Tirnati, 2nd place Rithvik Krishnan. Elementary: 1st place Kellen McGilvray, 2nd place Leo Fernandes, 3rd place Campbell Jean. Congratulations to all of the students who participated in Stargate’s Sixth Annual School Geography Bee.
- Youth Orchestra Concerto Winner - Congratulations to junior, Jacob Lei for winning the Greater Boulder Youth Orchestra Concerto Competition! He will be performing the Mendelsshon violin concerto in e minor, first movement, on April 26th with the orchestra. This is a tremendous achievement and honor.
- Youth Regatta - Congratulations to Alex and Tamsin Horne. Top sailors from across North America and beyond raced at the Orange Bowl International Youth Regatta in Miami, FL in December (12 races over 4 days). Alex (10th grade) finished 49th out of 67 laser radials and Tamsin (8th grade) placed 30th out of 43 laser 4.7s.
- MS Boys Basketball League Champs - Congratulations to the Stargate Boys Middle School Basketball A Team for finishing the season 12- 0 and winning the league championship! They played like a team all year, supported each other through the whole season and worked extremely hard to win the league. Congratulations to Brenden Agnew, Joshua Feld, Cooper King, Nathaniel Kleve, Karter Stevenson, Camden Cottrell, Dylan Perkins, Brayden Haan, Nick Hofer, Reed Schoenfeld, Hunter Roark and Garrett Baldwin. Thank you to Coach DeFord, Coach Hofer and Asst Coach Haan!
- CU MS Honor Band - Noah Quintela-Jacob, 8th grade, has been accepted into the CU MS Honor Band in clarinet. He will be performing at the end of February at Macky Auditorium in Boulder. Congratulations.
- All State Band - Stargate is headed to All State Band! Junior, Ania Grondalski performs in the Chamber Ensemble on flute. She will be performing at UNC in Greeley April 2-4 with other top musicians in our state. Congratulations.
- Irish Dance - Sydney Jones took first place in the Western Regional Oireachtas Irish dance competition. She qualified for Worlds in Dublin, Ireland in April!
- CyberPatriot Team - Stargate's first ever CyberPatriot team sponsored by IBM and consisting of Austin Fay, Aditya Shankarling, Jo Claver, Benedict Antonious, and Ryan Mapes has advanced to the State Round GOLD Division competition based on their performance in Rounds 1 and 2. CyberPatriot is the National Youth Cyber Education Program created by the Air Force Association to inspire K-12 students toward careers in cybersecurity or other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines critical to our nation's future.
- All State Orchestra - This year we had three of our students make it into All State Orchestra! We have Jacob Lei and Ehna Choi on violin and Sandra Vo on viola. In February, they will perform at Colorado State University with some of the top musicians in the state.
- Model UN - Congratulations to Sandra Vo for her position paper that she wrote for the Model UN conference at Kent. She won best position paper in her council. Competition was a bit stiff too. This conference ended up being the largest ever held in Colorado Model UN history.
- HS Cross Country State Qualifiers - Congratulations to the boys and girls HS Cross Country Teams! They both competed in the 3A regional meet and qualified for the State competition.
- MS Cross Country State - Congratulations to the Middle School Cross Country Team--the girls team placed 3rd and boys placed 4th in state!
- Western States Orchestra - This year we had four Stargate students make it into Western States Orchestra! This is a prestigious and competitive honor orchestra that students across the state audition to get into. Congratulations to Reese Bush for making it into the Chamber Orchestra. Also, congratulations to Jacob Lei, Ehna Choi, and Jeremy Huang for getting into the Symphony Orchestra.
- Scripps National Spelling Bee - Cheyenne Trujillo, 8th grade, and Brody Krause, 5th grade, competed this summer in the National Bee, held in late May in Washington D.C.. Read more about their adventures in the Denver Post. https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/28/scripps-national-spelling-bee-colorado-students/
- Knowledge Bowl National Competition - Stargate's Knowledge Bowl team traveled to Chicago in May for Knowledge Bowl nationals. Earlier in the spring, the Stargate team took first in state, across all divisions, becoming the first non-5A team since 1995 to claim Colorado's top spot. Within their division, Stargate repeated this year as Colorado's 3A State Champions. Congratulations to team members Miles, Rae, Nick, Nathan, Ryan, Aditya, Jacob and Coach Eric Howe.
Geography Bee National Competition- Garrett Fleischmann, 8th grade, claimed the Colorado State Champion title in the 2019 National Geographic GeoBee, landing him a spot in the national competitions of the GeoBee and GeoChallenge, held May 19-22, 2019, at National Geographic Society headquarters in Washington, D.C. Read more on the National Geographic website, https://blog.nationalgeographic.org/2019/04/01/2019-national-geographic-geobee-state-champions-and-geochallenge-regional-winners-announced/